Friday, July 27, 2012

Familar Face mssing at County Fair

A familiar face was missing from the Webster Co. Fair grounds this past week.
Dewey Lieneman has participated in the Webster Co. fair for longer than a lot of people attending the fair can remember but this year he was sidelined at home with injuries he received after a couple of falls.
After the first fall he posted on face book “
I think an explanation is necessary to explain a couple of things. I actually fell from the top steps of our back door as I was leaving for my class reunion one week ago. Landed on the sidewalk resulting in a broken left arm and a severely bruised left hip. I had figured that I could not do this year's fair, and good people stepped up to make it happen. However, after a week of taking it easy, I was feeling pretty good and was walking with a cane so I decided to drive over to the fair for just a few minutes, and now you know the rest of the story..” Later he added, “Just so people know, I was not there to run the show, as it was in very capable hands. I only was coming for a little while to deliver a cd with Star Spangled Banner on it and to see if there were any questions or problems, and was actually just a couple of steps away from going home. I did not fall out of the crow's nest or off a ladder as some have heard. Just stepped on uneven ground or perhaps a small hole and unceremoniously went to the ground. I do want to thank the Bladen ambulance crew for their quick response and for taking care of me and wish all the 4-H and FFA kids a great horse show and the rest of the fair. I will miss being a part of it this year!

With the fair, almost history, Dewey continues to accept emails, text messages and phone updates at his home where he is “resting comfortably” in the air conditioning? While he heals.
The broken arm and broken leg did not prevent him from completing his weekly column on time.
We wish him well as he continues to “take it easy”.

No comments: