Thursday, June 19, 2014

Johanns: Storm Damage Unbelievably Heartbreaking

 
. Sen. Mike Johanns (R- Neb.) today made the following statement after spending the afternoon visiting with victims of this week’s tornadoes in northeast Nebraska:   
“Nothing could have prepared me for the devastation I saw in Pilger and Coleridge today,” Johanns said. “The scene was truly unbelievable. My heart goes out to those who lost a love one, those recovering from injuries and those whose homes and livelihoods have been completely torn apart.
“I thank the many volunteers I met today, the community leaders who led me through the rubble and all those who took time out to share their stories of survival. Though it will be a long road to recovery, the work being done by emergency crews to clean up power lines and dangerous debris is already evident throughout the region.
“I also want to thank all Nebraskans who have rallied around these communities hit hard by recent severe weather. Our state’s unbreakable resiliency and dedication to helping neighbors in need will help these communities heal.”
Johanns’ visit included meetings with local officials, residents of Pilger and Coleridge, and producers from the surrounding area who lost livestock during the tornadoes. Photos of Sen. Johanns’ visit are available HERE.
###

No comments: