Thursday, November 17, 2011

Johanns Welcomes Announcement of Keystone XL Reroute in Nebraska

WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Mike Johanns (R-Neb.) issued the following statement after Speaker of the Nebraska Legislature Mike Flood announced a legislative pathway to reroute the propose Keystone XL pipeline in Nebraska, which has been agreed to by TransCanada Corporation and the U.S. State Department:
"This is welcome news and it certainly appears to me common sense has prevailed," Johanns said. "The original route never made sense and I applaud Speaker Flood for outlining a way forward. Based on my understanding of Speaker Flood's approach, it would certainly address my concerns. I'm optimistic this could be a pathway to responsible completion of the pipeline so we can begin transporting more energy from a friendly ally and decrease our dependence on countries which may not share our values."

No comments: